Super Greens Pouches

My son was going through a "I don't want to eat ANYTHING phase" and as you might guess I was beside myself.  I was in the kitchen nonstop the last few days making anything and everything I thought he would eat! I kept thinking, is this the start of a picky eater? Oh no it can't be...he eats everything!!!

Well after a few days of cooking torture for this mama he finally came back around to his good ol "eating everything" self...phew!  However, during those three or four days I realized he would eat pouches that I made.  My Super Fruit blend and Carrot Apple Squash were some of the mixtures I made that he would eat.  I wanted to add more veggies since he was only gobbling down fruit EVERY meal!  So long story short I made him these delicious and vibrant green veggie packed pouches.  Hope your kiddos like them too!


SUPER GREENS

10 oz pack of frozen organic spinach
5 oz frozen organic broccoli
1 large peeled, cored and chopped mango
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup water



Add the water, spinach, broccoli and mango to the blender.  Puree until thick but smooth.  Add bananas and puree for another minute.  Fill pouches and enjoy!



This recipe makes 8 to 9 4oz pouches.  Make sure you date and label them and store them in the freezer or use from the refrigerator within 48 hours.

From my family to yours... We hope you enjoy this dish over conversation, laughs, firsts for your babies and creating memories around the kitchen table! Buon Appetito!

Comments

Popular Posts