Monday Madness...Pouch Addition

APPLE CARROT CINNAMON POUCHES

These "on the go" pouches are great for babies 6+ months of age.  There are so many variations and flavor combinations you can make throughout the year with fresh or frozen fruits and veggies!

This morning I decided to refill my frozen pouch stock since there were only two left.  Here is one of the flavor combinations I did...



I had a bunch of organic carrots and organic fuji apples and know my son loves both.  I decided to add ground cinnamon to add another layer of flavor to his puree.  


I peel and chop both the apples and carrots ( core the apple as well ) and steam them in my BÉABA babycook.  I found that steaming the carrots and apples separately worked better since the carrots take a little longer.  I steam the carrots first and then put them in a bowl to cool, then add the apples after they are steamed.  


Once they are cooled a bit I add the carrots, apples and cinnamon back into the babycook (without the basket if using this machine) and purée until smooth. 


I use the infantino squeeze station and the fresh squeeze pouches.  
Both links for products found here. http://www.infantino.com/products/squeeze-station
NOTE-Make sure your purées are smooth and not chunky because the chucks will get stuck when pushing the purée into the pouches and make a big mess...I've learned from experience :)

This recipe makes five 4oz pouches.  You can double or even triple the recipe, label and date them and store in the freezer.  They will defrost in a few hours out or overnight in the fridge.

Please check with your peditrician before enjoying if under 6 month of age.  
If these ingredients are new to your child, please try independently first to make sure there are no allergies.

INGREDIENTS

6 organic carrots
3 large organic fuji apples
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon


From my family to yours...We hope you enjoy this dish over conversation, laughs, firsts for your babies and creating memories around the kitchen table! Buon Appetito!

Comments

Popular Posts