Monday Madness...Super Fruit 2 Ways!

This Super Fruit recipe is the perfect fruit and vegetable combination for smoothies and homemade popsicles especially now that spring is in the air!

I started making these as smoothie pouches for my son weekly and keeping a stash in the freezer because he loved them so much!  When he started teething I thought it would be a great idea to freeze them since it helps soothe his pain and he didn't like ANY teething toys.  To my delight it was a success that I now keep a stash of popsicles in the freezer all the time!

This recipe makes 12 (4 oz) pouches or 10 pouches and 8 popsicles.  I have two of the Nuby Garden Fresh fruitsicles trays that I got on amazon found here (  http://www.amazon.com/Nuby-Garden-Fresh-Fruitsicle-Frozen/dp/B00KFP6NHO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 )

SUPER FRUIT POUCHES


The ingredients for this Super Fruit recipe are usually always in my fridge/pantry but you can always supplement some of them for similar ingredients.  Kale, arugula, swiss chard all work great in place of the spinach.  You can thicken it up a little more if you use a greek style yogurt instead of the regular kind, however make sure it is a whole milk version since healthy fats are vital for growing kids.  The frozen organic super fruit blend I use is a big bag from Costco.  


To see what I use to dispense the smoothie into the pouches check out my previous Monday Madness post here http://purelysimplegourmet.blogspot.com/2016/04/monday-madnesspouch-addition.html


I usually keep two pouches in the fridge and freeze the rest for a quick on the go snack for Dean if we are out and about.

SUPER FRUIT POPSICLES


Since I make a big batch of this it's easier to use my Breville blender instead of my BÉABA babycook.  In my opinion it also breaks down the seeds from the fruit for a smoother consistency.  


Dean loves these popsicles as a healthy dessert, snack when its hot out or when he's fussy from teething.  Hope this recipe does the same for your kids!  I know moms and dads will be happy with the well rounded ingredients! 
BONUS- Adding just 2 tbsp of wheat germ to smoothies is a great way to add Vitamin E and much needed Folic Acid for your kids.  


SUPER FRUIT 2 WAYS

4 cups Organic Super Fruit Blend (or similar)
1 cup Whole Milk Yogurt
3 Bananas
1 cup Frozen Spinach
1/4 cup Wheat Germ
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 cup water or almond milk (if no nut allergies) 

Blend all ingredients in a large blender, pour in pouches or molds. Simple as that!

From my family to yours...We hope you enjoy this dish over conversation, laughs, firsts for your babies and creating memories around the kitchen table! Buon Appetito!

Comments

Popular Posts