Pumpkin Pie Buttermilk Pancakes with Spiced Apples



Breakfast is by far my most favorite meal of the day.  Pancakes, French Toast, Biscuits and Eggs are all staples weekly in my house.  In fact, my childhood favorite "chocolate chip pancakes" have definitely rubbed off on my 3 year old so much he asks to help make them daily!  I mean, I can't blame him, if I were still a kid I would be doing the same thing.  So to change up his pancake favorite, I made these Fall festive pancakes.  Wether you're team pumpkin pie or team apple pie, I think this breakfast combo is the perfect "meet in the middle" pancake.

In my opinion, breakfast is the best meal to get your kids involved in the kitchen.  Kids can fill, pour, crack eggs, roll dough, whisk and more which makes them feel apart of the process and in turn they eat or at least try more of the things you make.

Here is how I get this Fall festive breakfast.  I hope you enjoy making these with or for you and your family.

INGREDIENTS

Pancakes
2 Cups AP Flour
1 TBSP baking powder
2 TSP baking soda
1 TSP salt
2 TBSP granulated sugar
1/2 TSP pumpkin pie seasoning (I use Penzey's Spices)
2 Cups buttermilk
1/2 Cup Vegetable oil (I use Sunflower Coconut Oil but you can substitute with melted butter or alternative vegetable oil)
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Spiced Apples
2 Apples peeled and diced
1 TSP ground cinnamon
1/4 TSP ground nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
a little bit of butter for sautéing or you can use coconut oil

Additional Toppings
Butter
Pure Maple Syrup
Powder Suger
Whipped Cream

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and pumpkin pie seasoning.

In a separate bowl mix together buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla until combined.

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  Let the batter sit out for 20-25 minutes

Peel 2 apples (fuji, gala, daisy recommended) and dice into small cubes.  In a bowl mix the diced apples with the cinnamon and nutmeg.  Over medium heat add a tab of butter to a sauté pan.  Once melted add the apple mixture.  Cook for approximately 10 minutes stirring frequently until apples are tender.  Transfer back to the bowl or leave in the pan until ready to top the pancakes.  

Heat up a skillet or griddle to medium heat with butter or cooking spray.

Use a 1/3 measuring cup to pour out the pancakes.  Let it cook until edges bubble (about 1-2 minutes), flip and cook for another minute.

Serve immedietly with spiced apples and additional toppings of choice!

Servings: approximately 12 pancakes



Comments

Popular Posts