Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes

My husband and I have been doing the Quantum Wellness Cleanse by Kathy Freston for a week now (2 more to go!).  Typically on Sundays I make Waffles, French Toast, Pancakes or Biscuits...you know, the good stuff the whole family will enjoy!  However, since we are on the cleanse, I needed to come up with a new gluten free vegan recipe for pancakes that we could eat and still give to our son to enjoy.


Here is what I came up with, hope you like it!

INGREDIENTS
1 cup Gluten Free Flour ( I like King Arthur)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp group flaxseed
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 over ripe banana
1 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
1 tsp vanilla


DIRECTIONS
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients, then add to the dry ingredients.  Smash the banana and fold into the batter.  Makes about 12 pancakes.

Top with your favorite seasonal fruit, agave nectar, vegan butter or maple syrup.



Tip- Make a double batch of these!  Once the pancakes are cooled store in ziplock bags in the freezer.  Heat in a toaster oven or microwave and serve any day of the week!

From my family to yours... We hope you enjoy this dish over conversation, laughs, firsts for your babies and creating memories around the kitchen table! Buon Appetito!



Comments

Popular Posts